Friday, July 22, 2016

Holidays Around the World: Italy

The Christmas decorations at the Italy pavilion were just beautiful!



I also somehow missed the holiday entertainment in Italy. I guess cause we spent so much time there before we started checking out all the holiday entertainment, I didn't even think about going back later on.

I did, however, get to see this awesome street performer and these cool flag twirling guys before we had lunch at Via Napoli with my parents!

That little girl was SO adorable!!



The holiday entertainment was about a "kind-hearted witch" called La Befana. She's basically Italy's version of Santa Claus! In Italy, Christmas is a very warm and intimate time with family. They say:

"You celebrate Easter with whomever you please,
but Christmas only with your own."

I like that :)


At the Gelato Kiosk, you could purchase special Prosecco sparking wine (YUM!) and Panettone (Italian Christmas bread). I like Prosecco, so I probably should have gotten me a taste! Not so sure about the bread, lol.

Another photo from the good 'ol Disney Food Blog!
Italy had two special holiday merchandise locations. They had things in both the La Bottega Italiana and II Bel Cristallo, featuring fine fragrances, beautiful jewelry, and leather accessories. We got our stamp in one of the shops, and the guy working there wrote "Buon Natale," which is of course Merry Christmas in Italian. I loved that little personal touch!!


Aaaaand next stop! Germany!

No comments: