Thursday, July 21, 2016

Holidays Around the World: The American Adventure

There was a lot going on in the American Adventure pavilion, and I mean A LOT!


First of all, the ever so popular Candlelight Processional happens there. We didn't see it, but my parents did. Meredith Vieira was there, and I know my mom was excited because she's a Today Show fan. I'd love to see it someday. I've heard it's phenomenal!

You can also see Santa and Mrs. Claus, the Voices of Liberty, a storytelling about Hanukkah, and a storytelling about Kwanzaa!

We didn't wait in like to see the  Clauses cause it was always super long. Who doesn't love getting to see Santa?! :)


We did watch both the Hanukkah and Kwanzaa storytellers! I loved the Kwanzaa one. It sounds like a really fun thing to celebrate! And it begins on the 26th of December, so what better way to cure the post-Christmas blues than with another celebration?! You've gotta read both of their little scrolls. I love how diverse the holiday season is in America!






The American Adventure pavilion had a cute little pop-up holiday bakery called Sugar and Spice. Of course I had to get the eggnog, because who doesn't love eggnog? It was SO GOOD. We debated on what we should get, because Ean actually don't love eggnog (he's weird, I know). But I won in the end, lol.



Other great things you could get there were peppermint bark, gingerbread cookies, chocolate chunk cookies, holiday tree sugar cookies, hot chocolate, "Cocoa Candy Cane" (hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps), "Buffalo Nog" (eggnog with Buffalo Trace bourbon whiskey), and a selection of wine.

There was also a really cute gingerbread display of the U.S. Capitol Building inside the American Adventure building.




They also had some really cute merchandise at Heritage Manor Gifts and Santa's Village (right outside of where Santa and Mrs. Claus were at).

And why is my stamp upside down! Lol!! Oh well!


Next stop on our journey will be Italy!

No comments: