Saturday, July 23, 2016

Holidays Around the World: Germany

I really love the architecture of the buildings in the Germany pavilion, honestly. It's one of my favorite places to hang out because it's so beautiful!




These little guys are on the way from Germany to Italy!
Here we are, just hanging out in Germany like we love to do!
I thought the holiday entertainment was wonderful in Germany! We got to meet Helga and hear about some of Germany's Christmas traditions, such as the Christmas tree and the Nutcracker. Did you know that Germany produced the very first Christmas tree? I didn't!




Germany had some tasty treats at a little kiosk called Prost!. They had stollen (holiday fruit cake), gluhwein (holiday spiced wine... I should have tried this!), some other specialty drinks and treats, and a German artisanal cheese plate. Ean and I got one of their specialty cookies! It was like a giant pecan chocolate chip cookie drizzled in delicious caramel. So tasty!!!



Some of the other specialty eats and sips were caramel s'mores, a Black Forest Cake (alcoholic) drink, caramel kiss drink, and beers and wines. I wish Ean loved caramel more!

You could find some special holiday ornaments and decor at Die Weihnachts Ecke and Christkindlmarkt, and special Werther's holiday treats at Karamell-Kuche. Ean and I bought a cute ornament as the ornament to commemorate this trip!

Germany's cute stamp is a nutcracker, since that originated in Germany as well!


Next up, we have China!

No comments: